Frequently asked questions
You can learn more from our FAQ
In this context, our approach was to build trusted and strategic relationships within key sectors, with the goal of advancing health, trade and business outcomes.
BUSINESS REGULATORY COMPLIANCE MARKET & SOCIAL RESEARCH TRADE DEVELOPMENT
- Conduct a Company Name search at RGD
- Apply for Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TIN) for all company directors, secretary and shareholders (if they do not have)
- Complete form 3 & 4, and company regulations.
- Pay stamp duty, business incorporation and filing fees before process of the registration.
- Collect Business registration certificates and regulations and/or profiles
- Yes, the GIPC Act 865, allows 100% foreign ownership of businesses in Ghana.
How much minimum capital do I need in order to register my business (Private Company Limited by Shares)?
- Trading enterprise (whether jointly owned or 100% foreign owned) – US $ 1,000,000
- 100% foreign ownership (non-trading activities) – US $ 500,000
- Joint Venture (foreigner and Ghanaian) – US $ 200,000 (from the foreigner) + Ghanaian partner’s contribution
- Manufacturing company – No minimum requirement
- This is dependent on the nature of business of the company and also the nationality of the shareholders.
- The cost is made up of Stamp duty (which is 0.5% of the Stated Capital) and Incorporation and filing fees GH¢330.
- It takes a month to complete the process
- Application letter for account opening with any Bank of your choice
- Complete account opening forms for all directors, secretaries and shareholders to sign.
- Get auditors’ introductory letter
- For an individual (Foreigner), add a copy of work and residence permit
The requirements are;
- Application letter on company’s letterhead
- Business registration documents
- Tax clearance certificate (for existing companies),
- GIPC Certificate
- Bio data page of the applicant’s passport
- Curriculum vitae / resume, Educational and professional Certificates
- Appointment letter
- Medical report – To be done at the Ghana Immigration Service
- police/Criminal report
- 2 passport pictures
- Not all foreigners are required to have an entry visa.
- Ecowas counties
- Some Non-ECOWAS countries (Rwanda, Kenya, Lesotho, Namibia, Singapore, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Seychelles, Malawi, Egypt)
- Holders of German, Iranian and Cuban Diplomatic / service passport (for a period not exceeding three (3) months)
- Persons in direct Airside transit
- Holders of passport of Regional Economic Communities in Africa and the African Economic Community as well as United Nations and its specialized agencies.
- The World Bank
- African Development Bank
- It takes about 7 working days to obtain a visa on arrival
- The cost of a visa on arrival is $150