We facilitate business registration and, help secure you all necessary business operation licenses and certifications to start operations.
We work closely with the Registrar General’s Department, under the Ministry of Justice and Attorney General to facilitate business registrations of all kinds.
Company Limited by Shares
Company limited by guarantee(NGO)
Unlimited Liability company
Company Secretarial Services
Under Section 190 (1) of the Companies Code, 1963 (Act 179), every company is required to have a Company Secretary to ensure legal compliance.
Firmus Advisory provides the following Company Secretarial services :
Immigration Services that fosters Speed and Delights
Business Registrations with Regulatory Authorities
According to section 24 of the GIPC Act 2013,” An enterprise in which foreign participation is permitted under this Act shall after its incorporation or registration and before its commencement of operation be registered with the centre”. Then again, according to section 25 of the GIPC Act 2013, An enterprise which is wholly owned by a Ghanaian may after its incorporation or registration be registered with the centre and after being registered with the centre shall be entitled and incentives set out in this Act.
What we do
We facilitate your GIPC duty exemptions under section 26 of the GIPC Act 2013, which states that “ An enterprise whose plant, machinery, equipment or parts of the plant, machinery or equipment are not zero-rated under the customs Harmonised Commodity and Tariff Code Schedule to the customs, Excise and Preventive Service Management Act, 1993(PNDCL 330) may submit an application for exemption from import duties and related charges on the plant, machinery or equipment or the parts of the plant, machinery or equipment to the centre for onward submission to the Minister responsible for finance
- Minimum capital requirement depending on the nature of activity
- Official fees
- A complete GIPC Investor registration form
- Certificates of incorporation and commencement
- Registrar General company Profile & Regulations
At Firmus, we facilitate business registration with Ghana Free Zones Authority (GFZA). GFZA provides four types of license namely (arranged by type of license and activity)
- Free zone investors do not require any minimum capital investment. However, as stated above investors must indicate their ability to fulfill the minimum 70% export requirement. New investors are required to go through the following steps to obtain a free zone license:
- Incorporate a company in Ghana with the Registrar-General’s Department and obtain Certificates of Incorporation and Commencement of Business,
- Obtain and complete the GFZA Application Form and submit together with the following documents:
- Business Plan
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Copy of Certificate to Commence Business
- Copy of Companies Code
- Evidence of possession or lease of real property or intent to acquire such property
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with prospective clients
- Environmental Protection Agency Permit (where necessary)
- Evidence of Funding/Capital Transfer
- Any other relevant document
- Section 28 of Act 504 stipulates the incentives guarantee for enterprises which are operating under the free zone enclave in Ghana. The incentives as provided by the Act includes the following:
- Free zone developers and enterprises granted licenses under this Act shall be exempted from the payment of income tax on profits for the first ten years from the date of commencement of operation.
- The income tax rate after ten years shall not exceed a maximum of 8%.
- A shareholder shall be exempted from the payment of withholding taxes on dividends arising out of free zone investments.
We facilitate the registration of the below listed products with the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA). Product registration is done together with the facility or warehouse licensing. List of requirements for product registration varies and is dependent on the type of product.
- Bakery products
- Diary products
- Fats and oil
- Fish and fish products
- Roots and Tubers
- Sugar and sugar products
- Soups and sauces
- Vegetable and pulses
- Spices and condiments
- Animal feed
- Pet food
- Finished pharmaceutical products for human and veterinary use containing active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Ingredients manufactured through synthetic or semi-synthetic route
- Active pharmaceutical ingredients and Packing material for local pharmaceutical industries
- Food Supplements
- Homeopathy products
- Herbal medicines
- Hair and facial care
- Body and oral care
- Personal hygiene
- Fabric /floor care
- Disinfectant, & antiseptic
- Hand, dish & floor cleaner
- Floor, wood & glass cleaner
- Tobacco products
- Narcotics substances
- Psychotrophic substances
- Precursor chemicals
- Class I
- Class II
- Class III
- Class IV
- Biotechnology-derived medicinal
- Whole blood and cellular
- Plasma-derived medicinal products
- Advance Therapy medicinal
- Products (ATMP)
- Unfractionated heparins (UFH)
- Low molecular weight
- Heparin (LMWH
- Name of product ( Generic and brand name)
- Net weight, Net volume or drained weight for solid in liquid medium. Eg Mackerel in tomato sauce.
- Names of ingredients( Specific names of ingredients and/ or E numbers).
- Date of manufacture
- Expiry date, best before date or use of date ( Not required for solid sugar)
- Batch or lot number
- Country of origin
- Name and complete address of the manufacturer or agent.
- Labels of locally manufactured food shall have in addition the premises location address.
- Directions of use
- Any instructions for storage/ handling
- Labeling shall be in English
- Labeling shall be legible and shall be of indelible ink.
What We do
Complying with the laws of Ghana to secure a business permit is the utmost concern of every investor, therefore, we are dedicated to providing an efficient regulatory compliance service to our clients, as part of compliance our services, we facilitate company registration with Environmental Protection Agency such as manufacturing companies, restaurants, cottage industries etc.
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Get in Touch with us
Message as via our request for meeting/callback form
Firmus Advisory is a boutique consulting firm specialised in business regulatory compliance, social and market research and trade development assisting all types of businesses manage their challenges in these fields.
- 5 Tabon St, 1st Floor, SEDCO HOUSE, North Ridge, Accra
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
+233 302 245 349 | +233 242 35 24 24 | +233 57 280 5778 | +233 27 929 3169
Connect with us: