Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer (Infra. Systems OS and DB) – Linux
Job Status: Full Time
Company Type: IT Services and IT Consulting
Work – Location: Ghana
Reporting to: Service Delivery Manager
Engineer specializes in overseeing and handling systems operating on Linux servers. Also responsible for evaluation, recommendation, design, implementation, and ongoing support of the computer infrastructure services and to ensure high availability, redundancy, recoverability, and capacity.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Will assist with providing administration, troubleshooting, configuration,
• installation, deployment, maintenance, upgrades, and high availability design
• Provide direction and day-to-day support for the virtualization infrastructure
• Provide high-availability operational support and automate solutions across the
• Ensure that all supported environments are monitored to provide alerts when
• there are problems, including performance (SolarWinds-Orion).
• Participate in the design, planning, and implementation of new projects /
• technologies and ensuring that the solutions are highly available and
• Work with the OS Administration and Engineering Section to develop and
• document standards and procedures.
• Be responsible for overseeing major projects for critical and highly visible
• projects supporting key functional unit
• Provide day-to-day Tier 3 level operational support including responding to
• incidents, troubleshooting, and executing corrective action.
• Assisting Tier 2 support with after action reports such as Root Cause Analysis
• Reports, to include researching potential incident/problem mitigation and
• preventive measures and assisting with putting those measures in place.
• Ensure effective security, operation and peak performance of UNIX/Linux server
• and virtualization management environments.
• Assist with hardware maintenance and lifecycle planning.
• When necessary, interact with software vendors to reach problem resolution; may include opening a service call, providing logs, and responding to advice received by phone call or email.
Qualification and Experience o Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of equivalent work experience in IT related work.
o Red Hat Enterprise Linux Certification
o 4+ Years of Senior UNIX Engineer/Administrator experience supporting a mediumto large user base
o Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x.7.x and 8.x.
o Red Hat Network Satellite Server 5.x and 6.x.
o Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP,
• DNS, NFS.
o Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware Vcenter, Hyper-V manager)
o Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery
o Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
o Experience with automated system builds and configuration management tools
• including Red Hat Satellite 6, Foreman, and Puppet, and Ansible.
o Technically fluent in the design and use of multiple Red Hat Enterprise
• Virtualization Managers in a distributed environment.
o Outstanding communications and organization skills.
o Ability and desire to work both independently and with a team.
o Must have hands-on experience performing tuning of clusters.
• Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (bash, Perl, Python, Ruby).