Job Title Network and Security Engineer
Job Status Full Time
Company Type IT Services and IT Consulting
Work – Location Ghana
Reporting to Service Delivery Manager
The network security engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of network security solutions, not excluding network security testing and implementation of new products or improvements to existing and current products. Also involves in the Installation and configuration of Cisco LAN, WAN, and wireless infrastructure, assisting in maintaining the operating system and security software used on the network, and executing maintenance to enhance network availability.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Project, configure, implement, and maintain all security platforms and any other
• related software, such as routers, switches, and firewalls.
• Plan and appraise ongoing assessment of application control,
• firewall, VPN, SSL, intrusion detection or intrusion prevention and other network
• Managing Switching and Routing infrastructure such as Cisco ACI,Nexus Switches, ASR router and catalyst switches
• Ensure 100% availability of Network and Security Core devices.
• Articulate systems and methodologies as well as reply to security-related events
• and support in remediation efforts.
• Coordinate and oversee log analysis for company managed services offerings to
• ensure customer policy and security requirements are met.
• Maintain security devices and show practical experience in managing SIEM
• environments, firewalls, content filters, NIDS, proxy servers and packet capture
• Work in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders to ensure stability and security of network and devices up to 99.9%
Qualification and Experience • A degree in computer science, IT, systems engineering, or related qualification is
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience with Network incident detection, incident
• response, Switches, and router configuration
• Possession of CCNP or CCIE, Fortinet certifications
• Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Cisco ASA, Fortinet
• Deep experience in managing Cisco SDN solutions such as ACI
• Experience with Network protocols BGP, ISIS, OSPF and F5 infrastructure
• Expertise in multicast and IPV6 design and configuration is a plus
• Experience with Managing Cisco ISE
• Proficiency in any network automation tool and SolarWinds NMS
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight
• Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problemsolving skills.
• Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.
• Must have an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of
• Network/cybersecurity methodologies
• Good team player, Self-confident, motivated, and independent
• Strong time management and organisational skills